Hosted by the
Sertoma Club of Nashville
April 6th, 2013
CELEBRATE SOUND Don’t Walk in Silence is a national fund- and awareness-raising walk created to help promote hearing health in our communities.
Half of the net proceeds will stay with the Sertoma Club of Nashville to help fund hearing education programs for youth, hearing health and hearing improvement classes for senior citizens, assist with the purchasing of hearing aids for low income individuals and support local agencies like the Brown Center for Autism, Bridges, and HEAR Nashville.
It has been a blessing to hear again after 20 years of ringing and not understanding what people were saying. After I got the hearing aids, I had to learn how to talk again because I heard sounds that had been silenced for years. I was able to hear my wife's voice again before she passed away. I thank each and every donor for my miracle.
The other half of the proceeds will be used to help fund Sertoma’s national hearing health mission projects such as:
• College scholarships for hard-of-hearing and deaf students;
• Scholarships for those pursuing graduate studies in
speech-language pathology or audiology;
• SAFEEars! an awareness program for the prevention of Noise Induced Hearing Loss;
• A Sound Investment campaign to promote better public accessibility for people using assistive hearing devices;
• Grants to local non-profits providing hearing healthcare in communities across the nation.
Not your event? Click here to return to the homepage